Information Technology law governs the use of new age technology, computer systems, software applications, mobile applications, intermediary liability, offences committed in the cyberspace etc. The new technology revolution of this decade requires a dynamic approach to it. The unparalleled use of internet has far reached implications and boundless jurisdictional issues. Data theft and Privacy concerns today have continuously posed issues which involve masked humanized actions and smart technical support.
The Information Technology Act, 2000 also provides support to e-commerce laws in India. It provides due recognition to the services provided by E-commerce platforms. Ecommerce platforms have an interesting role as an intermediary and the same is regulated under the safe harbour rules embedded in the Information Technology Act, 2000.
What we offer?
- With a keen understanding of the technology and e–commerce industries, we have evolved into one leading e-commerce law firms in India. We represent some of the world’s biggest technology companies. We provide strategic advice on Information Technology laws.
- Our team negotiates and drafts all types of IT contracts, software agreements and end user license agreements.
- We provide business critical counsel to a diverse range of technology clients in the sharing economy, the wearable technology space as also to IoT innovators.
- We help develop sophisticated, comprehensive, and bespoke IP strategies to meet their individual needs.
- We guide our start-up clients on how to stay safe online and protect their fledgling businesses from cyber security threats.
- We advise our clients on issues ranging from online piracy, intermediary liability, social media, filing and responding to take down notices, establishing online enforcement strategies and how to remain complaint with Indian IT laws.
- We provide strategic advice on technology and allied laws including rules and policies for e-commerce/ related online services.
- We conduct risk analysis and liability profiling for new businesses that have a technology component or involving online consumer issues.
- We draft, review and develop Terms and Conditions for new technology products under applicable laws, policies and industry standards.
- We file actions before the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) or the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and carry out settlement negotiations and effectuate domain transfers.
- We advise on software licensing issues and assist in the enforcement of software licenses in cases of infringement.
- We have designed robust programs for several e-commerce clients to prevent cyber-squatting and mushrooming of domains to combat cyber fraud and unauthorized dissemination of data including litigating issues of phishing and data theft.